Thursday 8 January 2015

Lets give this a go...

Hello cyber world! I have decided to start yet another blog about a tired mum who is trying to juggle a career and being a pinterest perfect mother to a beautiful baby boy. The difference? I am not here to give ANY parenting advice. At all. Why is that? Because I have nothing to give. Seriously.

So lets start this off with a little bit about how this all began...

One crazy day of packing up to shift house, I made the realisation that I was incredibly tired (more so than usual) and that I had not seen a period yet. So, I made my way down to the pharmacy and grabbed a "test". This was my thought process - "There is no way that I could be pregnant, but I better just check....under no circumstance could I be pregnant, smart girls like me don't just get pregnant...oooh I like that nail polish...is there any point buying this...geez why do I always over react...I'm only 24, how the hell would I deal with a baby..."

The outcome? I will let the pictures talk.








My beautiful boy Finn was born on September 2nd 2014. He is the most beautiful human being I have ever seen.






So, a new addition to my ready made family. Ready made? I hear you ask. It sure is. My partner, Alex, has an 8 year old boy called Dominic who I have spent half my life with since he was 5 years old. Although he drives me insane, I love him like he is my own. We now have our own family of four.

So, why this blog? Well, in two weeks I go back to work part time, and need something to keep me sane. I already have extreme mummy guilt about putting my then five month old baby in day care three days a week, but it is something we can't avoid. I love my job as a teacher, and was offered a role that I can't turn down. However, so close to it starting and with a four month old who is still breastfed and refuses to sleep through the night, I am beginning to wonder what the heck I have signed up for. So this, my dear friends, is the way that I am going to keep myself sane.

So, even if no one reads this, at least I know that I can have my thoughts out there, and can keep my conscience clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment