Tuesday 17 March 2015

The "Fun" of Solids

My little man has been on solids for a wee while now - about two months - including a period of about two weeks where he refused to have anything. We started early because he was showing all the signs, and I have recently become a baby food connoisseur. By this, I mean that I actually cook both meat and veges, and puree it up.

THERE ARE NOT MANY THINGS THAT ARE WORSE THAN PUREED FISH.

Vomit.

However, this post is more about the so called "fun" of feeding my wee man solids.

Scenario: Plunket Solids Talk.
Plunket Lady: "This is a really fun time for you with your baby, experimenting with different tastes and textures. This tends to not be so messy, and I promise you that you will really enjoy this bonding experience.

Not messy, you say?




Lady, you lied!

Do you have any idea how expensive stain remover is?! Have you forgotten what it is like to have orange kumara (sweet potato!) spat in your face?! Or what a raspberry full of food looks like?!

Honestly, I was useless at doing washing before solids started, and now I have just given up. The majority of Finn's clothes now have at least a hint of some kind of food - a bit of mashed in banana, Cruskit that has turned to concrete, a teeny bit of mince.

Fun? I challenge you to say that again!



No comments:

Post a Comment